DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Our Mission is to provide an exemplary park environment for a diverse array of programs, sports, and activities for the young and the young at heart.
The Vision, Mission and Goals of the City of DeBary Parks & Recreation Department will be guided by the following Core Values:
- Demonstrate honesty in all dealings with co-workers & community members
- Lead by example
- Demonstrate understanding & patience for individuals
- Be open to others’ suggestions
- Work together with community organizations to assist in providing a variety of services
- Work together to accomplish common goals
- Individuals working collectively for the benefit of the whole organization & City
- Continuously strive to obtain surveys from the public to better understand the community needs
- Continuously strive to obtain knowledge relevant to the employee’s specific field
- Network with peers to share ideas and solve problems
The City of DeBary operates 9 parks and administers youth leagues, senior programs, special events, and a Summer Day Camp program. Please call the Park’s Office at (386) 668-2040, press 4 for the latest programs and activities. Pavilions are available for rental. There are also Volusia County parks located in DeBary including Gemini Springs Park, the largest park in Volusia County, and Lake Monroe Park which includes boat ramps and fishing docks. If you are interested in renting a pavilion at a Volusia County park, please call them at (386) 736-5953.
Have you visited a DeBary Park recently? You will find many improvements, which have upgraded the facilities of the parks and improved the quality of the ball fields.