PLEASE BE ADVISED EFFECTIVE 08/09/18 at 9:00 AM - VOLUSIA COUNTY UTILITIES ISSUED A SYSTEM-WIDE PRECAUTIONARY BOIL WATER NOTICE (PBWN) FOR ALL PATRONS OF BILL KELLER PARK, DEBARY. (MWTP-18) (PWS# 3644319)
WHO IS AFFECTED:
- Effective 08/09/18 at 9:00 AM - Volusia County Utilities issued a Precautionary Boil Water Notice for all patrons of Bill Keller Park, Debary. (MWTP-18) (PWS# 3644319).
- All water fountains were bagged off and PBWN signs were posted throughout the park at approximately 9:00 AM on 08/09/18.
REASON FOR ISSUING PBWN:
- It was reported to Volusia County Utilities by park staff that there was no power to the well and low pressure in the distribution system.
- Certified well contractor is currently working with the City of DeBary to repair the well responsible for supplying water to this water system.
- It is currently unknown when power to the well will be restored.
WHEN WILL THE PBWN BE LIFTED:
- Volusia County Utilities will ensure proper disinfection procedures are implemented once repairs to the well are completed.
- In order to lift the PBWN, clearance samples are required to be collected for two consecutive days. Sampling will begin once the system is restored to proper operating condition.
- Malfunction report for this PBWN will be sent to FDOH once cause of well failure is determined and repaired.
- Please feel free to contact me with any questions and/or concerns.
Brian Volkman, R.S.
Environmental Specialist III
County of Volusia
Water Resources & Utilities
To view the above flyer please click on the following link:
City of DeBary
16 Colomba Road
DeBary, FL 32713